Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Developing Habits

I have been trying to create new habits to make sure that I am drawing and improving my skill level each day.  Especially on days when I come home feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.  It feels good to push through and get stuff done.  Although it has only been a week, I have already noticed an improvement in my productivity and generation of ideas.  

These are my go to materials for tracking progress and sticking to habits. 

The Essentials:




1.) The Log Book:  In the log book I jot down quick notes with a mini doodle of what I do each day.  This makes it easy to look back and see what is working and what I need to improve.

2.) The Idea Journal:  This journal showcases art work by one of my favorite artists, Gustav Klimt on the front cover!  That is reason enough to bring it everywhere I go.  In this journal I write quick ideas for this blog, artwork etc.  I have also been using it to keep track of things that have a great influence on me throughout the day.

3.) The Doodle Book:  In this sketchbook I draw a "lettering page" and a "doodle page" each day.  The purpose of this book is to encourage myself to draw with no pressure and teach myself to letter.  There is a checklist in the front and I can only check it off if I fill the lettering AND doodle page.  Who knew that putting a checkmark on a list could be so motivating?  What started as a way to make sure I am drawing each day has helped maintain my sanity.  I look forward to the ideas that doodling will bring.

4.) Micron Pens:  Last and certainly not least are micron pens of various sizes.  These pens give complete control during doodling.

Example doodle page:





Example lettering page:







x Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Your lettering is wonderful! I really am happy to have stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete